Klima 21 is the Norwegian government's strategic platform for climate research. The Research Council of Norway (which had the secretariat for Klima 21) has initiated a wide-ranging consultation process involving specialists - organised as four working groups. Their recommandation regarding needs and priorities for climate research will be handed over to the Norwegian government by 15 September 2009.
Working group 2 looks at consequences of, as well ad adaptation to, climate change. The group is led by Carlo Aall at WNRI, and includes seven other members from Norwegian research institutes and universities:
- Carlo Aall, Vestlandsforsking, leiar
- Harald Loeng, Havforskningsinstituttet
- JoLynn Carroll, Akvaplan, NIVA
- Lillian Øygarden, Bioforsk
- Rolf A. Ims, Universitetet i Tromsø
- Ragnhild Lund, NTNU
- Lars Harald Blikra, Norges Geologiske Undersøkelse (NGU)
- Asbjørn Aaheim, Cicero
Idun A. Husabø is the group's secretary.